2009-03-03

5th post

The final entry for this set of blog postings is expected to be a summary of my academic development since joining Bedford. Unfortunately, this is going to be somewhat limited, but here goes:

DB/ERM: "Truly excellent piece of work." for my Entity Relationship Diagram. No feedback or score for my database yet, though...

Cisco 1: 93% for the weekly tests, including the end of unit exam. No feedback for my network assignment yet, but I obtained a "C" grade... Slightly disappointed, but my excuse is that I'm still getting used to submitting examination quality work, not documents for my job.

PPAD: "B+" for the groupwork and presentation. Not submitted this blog(!) for assessment yet, or submitted the individual evaluation for the presentation.

This is the "hard" view of the academic results. I've certainly learned a lot more than this, and so far have particularly enjoyed the work with Pat. The Cisco stuff is going to get a lot harder (I've been reading about OSPF!) and I hope my previous experience and training don't make me too complacent on the path forward!

The future: Clearly I hope to finish this foundation degree as quickly as possible, and I've not dropped any units yet: Still early days. Raising the degree to a full BSc is desirable, and I hope to do this, and complete the not-included-in-the-fee exams for the CCNA and A+ too. This puts me up to around ~4 years (minimum) away.

The big future: I want to teach. I love the little bit of teaching I do at work. With a PGCE (or other QTS), this degree, the CCNA (etc.) and potentially furthering my Masters level courses, I hope that withing 10 years, I'm either directing an IT department, a Head of ICT; well, at least finding time to sleep.

TTFN,

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.